18 February, 2005

Bordeaux at David's...

Another vino session with my wino group at David's house tonight. Theme? Bordeaux, or anything that is drinking.

The wino group has been -- inadvertently or wilfully -- gravitated towards burgundy lately. These past year, for every meeting that we have, there has been no less than several burgundy bottles. Some years back, the table tends to be dominated by bordeaux. I was always the odd one out because I always brought a burgundy or pinot noir. Okay, occasionally I did Rhone and Italians too...

So tonight marks an intentional departure from the recent norm. David declares "Bordeaux!" This should be interesting. I never tire of burgundies, but this would be a refreshing change. Of course it's also fun simply because this is our wino gathering during the Chinese New Year period at David's house. Truly looking forward to it.

Still I own no bordeaux. No prize for guessing what I'd be bringing... Clue: it should be "drinking" ;-)

No comments: